Friday, July 16, 2010

So it begins....

Ok so for a long time now people have been telling me to jump on the "blog" ban-wagon. So here I am. I can't promise I will be very good at this but hey I love to try new things and I really have been wanting to keep a journal, so here we go! I have a lot of friends and family that I keep in touch with via Facebook but I know there are a lot that blog too. So this will be a great way to keep in touch too. So a brief catch up on the last 10 years....Yes Ben and I have been married that long. Hard to believe I know. But time flies when you're having fun :) Also, we have been blessed with 3 awesome children. Kaiden is 10, Cass is 7, and our little caboose/surprise, Kreston is 22 months. We were completely content with having a boy and a girl but we found out we are not always in control of things ;) For me not such a good thing since I tend to be a bit of a control freak about some things. But we are so grateful for the love, joy and happiness Kreston's sweet spirit has brought into our home. So for the first 8 years of our marriage we lived in Rigby (Labelle actually) and loved it there. But strange and unknown circumstances brought us to little Chester, ID. At first I did not want to move and was so mad, but after being in Chester now for 2 years I almost wish we could've been here sooner. I love it here. I always said I never wanted to move back even close to St. Anthony, (or marry a cowboy for that fact), so never say never. But I'm glad I'm here. Its been really good being close to my parents and grandparents especially during these last 2 years. Also getting out of our comfort zone was good for us. My kids love living in Chester too. They have plenty of room to ride their bikes, horses, play ball, raise pigs(4H), dogs, cats, and now chickens. Ben loves that he can do all the farm things he use to as a kid. Me, well town is close enough that I can go shopping :) But being raised on a ranch I am glad my kids are learning to work.
Ben worked as a welder and has been employed by the State of Idaho for the last 5 years. I am a Director at Apple Tree Learning Center in Rexburg where I have worked for the last 9 years. It has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. To be able to take my kids to work with me everyday and go love on them and see them when I want and for them to gain self confidence and independence has been great for us.
Its amazing how fast time has flown over the last 10 years and the things I have taken for granted. So I'm hoping this will help me keep perspective on the things that are really the most important in this lifetime. And who knows, you never know what may come next...a milk cow?? Ha Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment